Altitude: 900 – 2,000 meters
Varietal: Typica, Caturra, Pache, Mondo Novo, Bourbon, Catuai and Catimor
Process: Wet processed, Sun Dried
• Founded in 1999 in the village of Palla Pena, Cenfro Cafe cooperative brings together more than 1,900 families in 12 Peruvian provinces.
• The cooperative is Fair Trade, organic, Rainforest Alliance and UTZ certified.
• To expand their business opportunities, the coop opened its own roasting plant and retail café in Jaen.
• Cenfro Cafe was awarded second place nationally in the Best Coffee of Peru competition in 2010 and 2011.
• One quarter of their social premiums are dedicated to improving production and protecting the environment.
• Cenfro Café is the fourth-largest coffee growing organization in Peru.
About our Peru:
Servicios Multiples Sol y Café Ltda (Coop Sol y Café) was established in March of 2008 to unite over 1,000 farmers, including rice and cacao producers. The co-op was formed to collectively make agronomic and economic decisions, to construct new, creative marketing tactics, to protect the environment, and to help the communities and the families develop and progress. The members of Coop Sol y Café continue to work towards sustainable development for the future. The group is both Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance certified and a quarter of their social premiums are dedicated to improving production and protecting the environment.